WAVE OF CHANGEis Iberostar’s ambitious commitment to the oceans
and leading responsible tourism Our work
scroll down to see more
Our progress towards a circular economy in 2022read more
Our progress towards coastal health in 2022read more
Our progress towards responsible seafood in 2022read more
Iberostar’s Decarbonization Roadmapread more
Wave of Change in the scientific literatureread more
Why scientific research underlies everything we doread more
Leveraging AI with Winnow to tackle food wasteread more
What does it mean to live in a world without waste?read more
WAVE OF CHANGE IS IBEROSTAR’S PIONEERING RESPONSIBLE TOURISM MOVEMENT TO MOVE TOWARDS A CIRCULARECONOMYPROMOTE THE RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION OF seafoodAND IMPROVE COASTALHEALTH
GET TO KNOW OUR PILLARS OF ACTION
TOWARDS A CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- Iberostar group believes a circular economy in all operations are foundational to global ocean health and resilient business.
- We define circular economy as the restorative and regenerative sourcing, use and end-use of the water, energy and products in our built environment – our hotels.
- This is why we plan to be an environment free of problematic plastics by 2020, send no waste to landfill by 2025 and achieve carbon neutrality by 2030 by protecting and restoring nature in our destinations.
"OPENING THE DOORWAY FOR AN INDUSTRY-WIDE SHIFT TO A CIRCULAR ECONOMY”
PROMOTING RESPONSIBLE SEAFOOD
- Iberostar believes responsible sourcing of seafood can strengthen transparency in supply chains, promote social wellbeing and sustain resources for generations to come.
- We do so by sourcing from eco-certified or rated farms or fisheries or fisheries that are in improvement projects. We also aim to uplift local fisheries on a pathway to sustainability in our destinations.
- This is why we plan to source 100% of our seafood from responsible sources by 2025, with 20% sourced locally.
“EXPANDING HORIZONS FOR THE RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION OF SEAFOOD, LOCALLY AND GLOBALLY.”
IMPROVING COASTAL HEALTH
- Iberostar strives to lead a tourism that integrates into local economies and increases coastal protection and restoration, underpinning climate, environmental, economic and social resilience.
- We do so through the discovery, protection and restoration of seagrasses, coral reefs, mangroves and other ecosystems in the places where we operate.
- This is why we plan to have all ecosystems in improving ecological health alongside profitable tourism in all of our destinations by 2030.
“INVESTING IN THE HEALTH OF OUR ECOSYSTEMS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.”
Iberostar launches its roadmap to a circular economy
Learn about what that means, not just for our business and the planet, but for your every-day life.Explore the circular economy
Dive right in
See the stories of wave of change
We’re committed to make progress every day for a healthy ocean. Follow along with our stories.Read our stories
Live your values
Join this wave of change with us
Whether you're vacationing with us or not, there's so many ways to be an ambassador for the ocean. Explore ways you can participate today!Participate