- Jul 12, 2021
- Responsible Seafood
At Iberostar, we are committed to driving a sustainable consumption of seafood to help the oceans recover, while honoring local gastronomic tradition and culinary excellence. We invite you to join our movement with this recipe made using cod with MSC chain-of-custody certification that you can try at home. A classic cod recipe with Dominican flavors, inspired by a dish from the menu of our Le Tourbillon Gourmet Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand Bávaro hotel, located in the Iberostar Bávaro resort.
We hope you enjoy it!
- 70 grams of MSC cod (0.15 pounds)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 1 good bread loaf
- Beet sprouts
- ½ boiled beetroot
- Edible flowers
- 2 cups of corn kernels (cooked)
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- ½ white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups of fish stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Blend the avocado with the lemon juice, add salt and pepper. Taste for flavor and set aside.
- For the corn cream, sauté the garlic and onion in the butter, add the corn, sauté, add the broth and cream, cook and add salt and pepper. Blend, strain, cool and reserve.
- For the crunchy base, remove the bread crust, slice the bread thinly and fry it on both sides. Season with salt.
- Cook the beet, let it cool and make little balls out of it. Cut each ball into four parts and set aside.
- Place the fish in a tray and add olive oil. Bake in the oven for 4 minutes at 185°C.
- To assemble, place the crunchy base on the plate, place the cod confit in the center. Add some of the avocado cream and corn cream on the side. Decorate with the beets, the sprouts and the flowers.